Stress doesn’t cause gastroparesis but it does have an impact on symptom management and quality of life. In this week’s video, I explain how stress affects digestion, talk about some ways to reduce stress related to living with GP, and explain how to counteract the stress response. Check it out…
So will you be joining me for the 30 Day One-Moment Meditation practice? It takes just one or two minutes a day and we’re getting started October 1st over on my Facebook page.
If you’re interested in learning more about managing stress, the affects of stress on the body, and/or the relaxation response, check out these resources:
- “Stress and the Sensitive Gut” – Harvard Mental Health Letter
- “A Brain in the head, and one in the gut” – NY Times
- Stress Management from HelpGuide.org
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky
- The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson, M.D.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Stress: Portrait of a Killer from National Geographic