So Much More than GP
I live in western New York with my fantastic husband of nearly five years (a software engineer by day, aspiring voice actor by night). We are expecting our first child in September 2012!
If I’m not working, I’m probably doing one of the following:
- Walking: I try to walk at least 10,000 steps every day. When I can’t get outside, I’ll often walk on my treadmill while blogging or responding to email. It’s so important for overall health and also helps to manage the GI symptoms.
- Reading: I love books. Whenever I go to the mall, I always end up at Barnes & Noble. As you might expect, much of my time is spent reading about health, nutrition, and healing. I always make time for “pleasure” reading, though, mostly mysteries. (Got any good recommendations? Send ‘em my way!)
- Spending time with family and friends: I’m very close with my family and, thankfully, my husband fits right in. In fact, our close group of friends includes my younger brother — also my husband’s Best Man and rock climbing partner — and his fiancee.
- Baking: Yes, despite the nutrition training and the gastroparesis, I still love to bake! I’m currently experimenting with spelt flour, grain-free flours, and natural sweeteners.
- Watching TV: my favorite shows are Grey’s Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Happy Endings, Survivor, and…my very guilty pleasure…the Real Housewives (all of them!).
- Cheering on the Buffalo Bills on Sundays: I was born and raised in western NY, so I’ll always be a Bill-iever!
Other things you may not know about me:
- My mom is truly my best friend and brings so much laughter, love, and wisdom to my life. She is my inspiration as I become a mother myself.
- Even though we lived just 2 miles from other, my husband and I actually met online…back in 2002, before it was cool!
- I attended Dartmouth College as a undergraduate, where I studied Sociology and English and was a member of Alpha Xi Delta Sorority.
- I took a semester off from Dartmouth to study film acting at the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles.
- I enjoy traveling and have been on over a dozen cruises, mostly to the Caribbean and Mexico. My dream trip is a Mediterranean Cruise that includes a stop in Egypt. I must see the Pyramids of Giza in this lifetime!
- I love adventure. I’ve gone bunging jumping, been white water kayaking, swam with the dolphins, and bicycled through the French Alps. Surprisingly, I don’t like roller coasters!
- One thing I look forward to each summer is going to a Kenny Chensey concert. I’ve seen him perform live every year since 2001. For me, it’s 4 hours of total escape! A mini-vacation that always recharges my batteries.
15 Responses to “So Much More than GP”
Leave a Reply